Terms at a glance
What we require from you?
– Full UK Driving Licence (Plastic Photo Card)
– £250 Deposit (Debit or Credit Card)
– Proof of Address (Bank Statement or utility bill no older than 3 months)
– National Insurance Number or DVLA Beta Check Code
Terms of Hire
– You are aged between 25 – 70.
– Have no more than 6 penalty points in the last 5 years + no disqualifications in the last 7 years
– Our vehicles are not to be taken outside of England Scotland or Wales.
– A deposit of £250 is required on all vehicles.
– We require a minimum of 24 hours notice before cancellation. If less than 24 hours notice is provided you will be subject to 1 days charge for the hire of the vehicle.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. Your contract with us
When you sign the rental agreement form you accept the conditions set out in this rental agreement.
Please read this agreement carefully. If there is anything you do not understand or do not agree with, please ask any member of staff at the place you rented the vehicle from.
2. Rental period
You will have the vehicle for the rental period shown in the agreement. We may agree to extend this rental period but the rental period may never be more than 28 days.
If you do not bring the vehicle back on time you are breaking the conditions of this agreement. We can charge you for every day or part day you have the vehicle after you should have returned it to us. Until we get the vehicle back we will charge you the daily rate published at the place you have rented the vehicle from.
3. Your responsibilities
a) You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it, and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather, which can cause damage. You must make sure that you use the correct fuel. You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects, such as bridges or low branches.
b) You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You must not give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle.
c) You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without our permission. If we do give you permission, we will only give you a refund if you have a receipt for the work.
d) You must let us know as soon as you become aware of a fault in the vehicle.
e) You must bring the vehicle back to the place we agreed, during the opening hours displayed at that place. One of our staff must see the vehicle to check that it is in good condition. If we have agreed that you may return the vehicle outside business hours, you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition until it is reinspected by a member of staff.
f) You will have to pay for repairs if:
– the vehicle needs more than our standard valeting (cleaning);
– you have damaged the inside of the vehicle.
g) Before you bring back the vehicle you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
4. Our responsibilities
We have maintained the vehicle to at least the manufacturer”s recommended standard. We assure you that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period. Also, if you are not renting the vehicle for business purposes, we are responsible for loss caused by:
– the vehicle not matching our description of it;
– the vehicle not being of the quality that you would be entitled to expect from a rental vehicle;
– the vehicle not being fit to drive;
– us not having the legal right to rent out the vehicle.
We are responsible if someone is injured or dies as a result of our negligence. We are also responsible for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement if the losses are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time the vehicle is rented. We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of profits or loss of opportunity).
We are only responsible for loss or damage to property left in the vehicle if the loss or damage results from our negligence.
6. Conditions for using the vehicle
The vehicle must only be driven by you and any other driver named on the rental agreement, or by anyone else we authorise in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full valid driving license.
You or any other authorised driver must not:
– use the vehicle for hire or reward;
– use the vehicle for any illegal purpose;
– use the vehicle for racing, pacemaking, testing the vehicle”s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive;
– use the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
– drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland or Wales, unless we have given you written permission;
– overload the vehicle;
– if the vehicle is a commercial vehicle, use it for a purpose for which you need an operator”s license if you do not have one.
IF NONE OF THE ABOVE TERMS ARE CLEAR PLEASE CALL US ON 02476682230 AND WE SHALL DO OUR BEST TO CLARIFY.